Choosing a course is one of the most important decisions you'll ever make! View our courses and see what our students and lecturers have to say about the courses you are interested in at the links below.
Each year more than 4,000 choose University of Galway as their University of choice. Find out what life at University of Galway is all about here.
About University of Galway
About University of Galway
Since 1845, University of Galway has been sharing the highest quality teaching and research with Ireland and the world. Find out what makes our University so special – from our distinguished history to the latest news and campus developments.
Colleges & Schools
Colleges & Schools
University of Galway has earned international recognition as a research-led university with a commitment to top quality teaching across a range of key areas of expertise.
- Research & Innovation
Business & Industry
Guiding Breakthrough Research at University of Galway
We explore and facilitate commercial opportunities for the research community at University of Galway, as well as facilitating industry partnership.
- Alumni, Friends & Supporters
At University of Galway, we believe that the best learning takes place when you apply what you learn in a real world context. That's why many of our courses include work placements or community projects.
Vistors to the Combustion Chemistry Centre
- Dr. Quan-De Wang, Research Fellow, Low Carbon Energy Institute, China University of Mining and Technology, China (October 2018 – September 2019)
- Dr. Jinhu Liang, Research Fellow, School of Environmental and Safety Engineering, North University of China, China (October 2018 – September 2019)
- Dr. Zhaohong Zuo, Research Fellow, School of Chemistry and Chemical Engineering, Chongqing University, China (October 2017 – October 2018)
- Dr. Stephen Klippenstein, Argonne Distinguished Fellow, Chemical Sciences and Engineering, Argonne National Laboratory, USA (18th February 2017 – 3rd March 2017)
- Dr. Yingjia Zhang, Assistant Professor, Spray and Combustion Laboratory, School of Energy and Power Engineering, Xi'an Jiaotong University, China (January 2015 – January 2017)
- Dr. Changyoul Lee, Clean Combustion Research Center, KAUST, Thuwal 23955-6900, Saudi Arabia. (July 2014 – January 2015).
- Prof Jerry Seitzman, Guggenheim School of Aerospace Engineering, Georgia Institute of Technology, USA (July 18th 2014).
- Dr. Hisashi Nakamura, Assistant Professor, Institute of Fluid Science, Tohoku University, Japan (September 2011 – August 2012).
- Dr. Kenji Yasunaga, Research Associate, Department of Applied Chemistry, School of Applied Sciences, National Defense Academy, Japan (July – September 2012).
- Dimitrios Katsikadakos, Mechanical Engineering Department, Imperial College London (Thermofluids Division). Dimitrios is currently doing a PhD under the supervision of Prof. Alex Taylor and Prof. Yanni Hardalupas and visited the Combustion Chemistry Centre for training in molecular modelling (Sept 12 – 20th 2011).
- Dr. Elna Heimdal Nilsson, Combustion Physics, Lund University, Sweden (June 20 – 24th 2011). Elna visited the Combustion Chemistry Centre to receive training on experimental equipment.
- Dr. Tibor Nagy, Eötvös Loránd University, Budapest, Hungary Oct 1 2009 – Aug 31 2010). Tibor worked on the project 'Mechanism development of oxygenated compounds and mechanism reduction of natural gas mechanism'.
- Dr. Marc Füri (Rolls-Royce Canada Limited) was back visiting NUI Galway in March 2011 for another 4-week internship as part of an ongoing collaboration between the Combustion Chemistry Centre and Rolls Royce Canada Ltd.
- Dr. Leonel Rincón Cancino, Combustion and Thermal Systems Engineering Laboratory – LabCET. Mechanical Engineering Department Federal University Of Santa Catarina Brazil and Institute for Combustion and Gasdynamics - IVG University of Duisburg-Essen Germany. Leonel visited the Combustion Chemistry Centre from January - April 2011 to carry out experiments in the Shock Tubes and Rapid Compression Machines in NUI Galway.
- Dr. William Pitz, Chemical Sciences Division, Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory, visited the Combustion Chemistry Centre for a week in December (05-12.- 12.2010) to discuss ongoing collaboration and give a talk on current research projects.
- Dr. Marc Füri ( Rolls-Royce Canada Limited) visited NUI Galway in late 2010 (20.11-16.12.2010) for a 4-week internship as part of an ongoing collaboration between the Combustion Chemistry Centre and Rolls Royce Canada Ltd.
- Dr. Uwe Prüfert, currently at ZIK Virtuhcon TU Bergakademie Freiberg, Germany and formerly from the Technische Universität Berlin visited the Combustion Chemistry Centre in August 2010 for three weeks to work on a mechanism reduction project and investigate future collaborations with the Combustion Chemistry Centre.
- Professor David M. Golden from the Mechanical Engineering Department at Stanford University visited in July 2010 for three weeks.
- Dr. Kenji Yasunaga, Research Associate, Department of Applied Chemistry, School of Applied Sciences, National Defense Academy, Japan (July 2009- August 2010).
- Dr. István Zsély, Eötvös Loránd University, Budapest, Hungary.
- Dr. Gilles Bourque, Rolls-Royce Canada Limited.
- Prof. Eric Petersen, Associate Professor, Department of Mechanical Engineering, Texas A&M University.
- Prof. Joseph Bozzelli, Deprtment of Chemistry and Enviornmental Science, New Jersey's Science and Technology University.
- Dr. William Pitz, Chemical Sciences Division, Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory.